Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Leave from my house
With high hopes
But already the weather's
Taken to change from fair
To less than such
But I wander on because
The city's quiet
And I need it's slow,
Easy, pace,
So I don't turn back.
My feet carry me to the
Library, warm
And I grab a coffee
Climb to the third floor
Sit gazing out through
Giant windows at a
Cold Skinner's Butte. 
I scratch out two poems
With lies for lines.
Still not totally centered
A call from home;
The this's and that's
That make up life,
An hour wandering the streets
Of downtown to the rhythm
Of my mother's voice.
I find myself on top
Of the butte, cold and alone
I hike a short trail to
A hidden alcove
And I smoke a bowl
Watch as night closes in
On the city far below
Lazy lights, streets aglow
I head back down
Have a beer, and wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment