Monday, November 14, 2011


The Death and Resurrection of an Artist

Visions at night
In my mind
Of myself crucified,
My back falls against
A wooden slab
Iron nails through
My outstretched hands
My blood sanctifies
My own soul
Forgiveness
Advice ringing in my head
Squeezing like a vice
Defenseless to gravity
My body rips as they
Shove my post into the ground
Gravity tears me down
My flesh rips, pain grips
Redemption
I see through it
Because I need this
I need to die
But it is not my end
No, this is where I begin,
Rise again
Three days late
Like a crocus in early spring
Only after I've wrestled
My devils, fought a fierce fight
Draining my might
I rise like a phoenix from the ash
Reincarnate
Like a caterpillar metamorphasized
Emerge from my cocoon
I won't alter my truth for the sake your altar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment