Monday, November 28, 2011


Today is one month
Past my twenty-ninth birthday
Eleven months
Until my thirtieth.
Three decades.
I'm satisfied with
All I've done so far.
I haven't known
Where I've been going
But what is it to be lost,
When the entire universe
Welcomes you home?
Even in the lack of illumination,
When you're lost in the
Depths of the forest
And this tree looks
Like that tree
And moss grows to the north
But who's to say which
Direction is best,
Wandering is more
Like exploration
Than being aimlessly lost,
Being lost is clinging to a fear
Of today's here,
Being gone; the fear of change.
The paralyzing trepidation
That the next step you take
Will be with foot planted
On eroding ground
And every inch of progress
That lies behind
Will be abandoned
You can't stop traveling though,
Unless you should actively
Assume responsibility
For terminating your journey
Because the jagged rocks
Have destroyed your sole
Or because you can't bare
The constant unknown
The unpredictable predictability
Or that day after day
It all still looks the same
It continues until
Your feet will no longer carry you.
Then the expedition is done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment