Tuesday, February 21, 2012


Please distract me. 
Do anything,
To keep my thoughts here
Away from the awful places
They seem to love to go
Please distract me,
Make me feel something
Something other than nothing,
Something that may be real
Permit me to breathe again
Distract my gaze
From demons that dance
Around my mind, emblazed
Please distract me,
I've forgotten already
Again to inhale
I'm a prisoner bound to these chains
I don't know how to break
That always come back.
I want to jump. 
I want to jump.
I want to jump.
Leap from the top of a tall enough building
Somewhere downtown.
I want to jump
I want to jump 
I want to jump
Headfirst into a new life,
One where I didn't go to college,
All I do is write,
And I started making my way with it
With opportunities long ago,
Not telling myself not to do what I
Had always intended desired and been
More than apt to do. 
A life where I'm not almost thirty,
Homeless, friendless, family-less,
Where I didn't become dependent on
Coffee at 11,
Booze at 12,
Cigarettes at 13 and
Weed at 14. 
A life where I've got a wife
One that I deeply love,
A wife that reciprocates that back.
Where we have a home with a lovely garden
That I tend to,
With a baby on the way,
Not too much money,
But enough for a happy little home.
With a golden retriever named Sammy,
A big back yard for running.
A life where I'm not crazy,
A life where bridges and parking garages
Don't lure me into their lairs,
A life where I don't whisper
Bits of angry insanity just above
Beneath my breath,
Where self-annihilation
Doesn't guide my every move.
A life that doesn't make me
Question why I'm doing it every day,
Where I can see past today.
Where I'm not just a victim stuck in
The confines of time. 
One where I don't feel like such a
Waste of space and time
A life in which I haven't ruined my lungs
At the age of thirty. 
I want to jump
I want to jump
I want to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment