Thursday, March 1, 2012


How do you know when
You are a writer?
When some school hands
You
A piece of paper
Saying you spent four
Years following orders
And a professors yammers?
When you've written
A poem , story, article
Or two?
Or when you make
That ever seemingly important
Transition from unpublished
To published?
You know,
When your obsessive tendencies
Become oriented to the task.
When your hypochondria
Keeps you awake at night
With thoughts of,
"If I go blind, I won't be able
To use a computer, or edit, or word process,
Am I going blind??"
And
"What will I do if I develop
carpal tunnel syndrome??
And your neurotic answer
Churning inside your head
Is any number of solutions,
Satiating the sole burning
Fire that drives your very being.
That's how you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment