Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Can I scrap this copy of my life?
This is only a draft, right?
I need to start over;
This is no good.
I'm not sure what I'd do differently.
This one just doesn't look right,
I'm not sure how to finish it,
Or even where to take it next. 
I feel the story changing all the time,
Even when I never write.
Confusion is cluttering
The things in my mind
I'd like to start again, please. 
I don't have the right.


Your metaphors
And limericks
Linger in my head
A song you never lose.
Tell me why I had to choose
Living on the fringe
Has it's benefits
Until you've come unraveled.

So tell me
You don't want me to stay
I didn't want to anyway
I found out there's so
Much more to me
I found out there's so
Much more to be
So tell me you're crazy
Like that ever stopped me
Why can't you just say
'Hey babe, you're great'
Cuz I don't need another friend
I need a lover until the end
So tell me
We don't fit,
Well I don't see it.
And I can't believe this. 

Dance with stars,
Spin, twirl,
Show me your beauty
Your hips my delight,
Your hair dipped in grace

Sleep is a dream
That won't come
When I close my eyes.
Memories of slumber
Pass by, like summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment