Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The jacket on the rack
Slightly lack luster
That catches no one's eye
Lonely and bored
That gets shuffled to the back
Sometimes it catches a slight glance
But they always keep on moving
The one that makes it to the
Ninety-percent-off rack
Oh! When will I catch the right eye?

Cascading images
What was, what wasn't
What could have been
What never was.  

Hey girl where's your heart?
Hidden from my eyes
Im looking through my telescope
I still can't get you in my sights
Flip the switch
Shed some light
Show me what's inside

Father has sold my
Impending hope to Lucifer
For hefty recompense
Steal from the poor
Give to the rich
He put his hands around my
Vulnerable neck
A substandard education
Complete lack of guidance
Neuro-paralysis    
He constricted my lungs
And polluted my blood
With the poisons of his hands
Complacent and well distracted
Failing introspection
Lacking innovation
Turning his back on my demise

Soakin in the rays
My blonde locks flip and fly
This stoge's got me high
Sittin in the back of her Rendezvous
Lettin the sun drench my tattoos
Feet hangin in these comfy shoes
Happy to win, happy to lose
I don't have a thing to prove
I don't want to move

No comments:

Post a Comment