Thursday, September 23, 2010

Inside these walls
Protected from the storm
I hide
Inside these walls
It's warm and there's no wind


You know how to crush me 
Break my heart like
Fine china, in shards,
With not even a breath,
You knock me down,
As soon as I pick myself up
Off the floor, 
I'm right back there again.  


Remember when I was 8,000 miles away?
Do you know how much I had to say? 
At night in my bed, 
All those things in my head.  


If I had to worship something
I would worship the sun
Giver of light, day and night,
Making us grow
Predictable, reliable 
Allowing us, pushing us
Inviting us to live
Mother of color
Center of our revolution 
Sentry of the seasons
Keeper of all earth's history
Hot, rich, flowing vitality 
Boiling, bursting, bubbling mass. 


Beguiled Hope


I looked through the kaleidoscope
And saw your world so clear
Not even close to reality
Lovely and pretty,
Colorful it spins,
I know how easy it is to forget
A world of ups and downs
Of pain and pressure.
When it's all rose colored,
Can you tell me the color of a rose?
I want to rip it from your eye
Deluded, it's your truth,
When your truths construct is a lie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment