Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I can't take my
Mind off of this woman
All day, everyday,
With every breath
And each thought, there she is
She is my drive,
My success, my incentive to bloom
I can't tear my mind
Away from these visions and dreams,
Of the queen of my heart,
Adorned in grace,
Majestic and fine,
She's captured my mind.  


I hate all of the love songs on the radio
Cuz they just remind me of you
And the passion we won't know
Your hands I can't hold.


Investigate.
Who's the criminal
Who pulled the trigger
Who leaked the well
Who is to blame
Point fingers
Name names
It's you, it's me,
It's our hands that
Squeeze the pump


It's late.
She's been asleep awhile
My body's frigid, chilled
Like frozen February air
That seizes your lungs
At my touch, she stirs.
With her warm body she turns
Without waking,
She wraps me in her arms
And I'm suddenly saved.
I sink my head into my pillow
Her hair is near
I breathe her in deep.
She covers me completely
In her lover's embrace
And I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment