Tuesday, September 28, 2010

June twenty eighth 
She was just leavin' town
I was just beginning my breakdown 
She headed for new ground
I found myself in meltdown 
A dreary sky falling all around
Into tiny pieces on the ground. 


A life
A life wasted
A wasted life
A life less wasted
A less wasted life


Our eyes locked for less than a second
A moment in transit
And we flashed weakened smiles
Her eyes were worn and tired,
Gentle from years of harsh erosion
They had been trusting
They had been alert
They had been determined
Now, they had just a docile, faded stare
Reminiscent of better years.  


The sound of a thousand 
Spoons, clinking
In their coffee cups
As she walks by
Filling them up.


It's been months
Since I've seen your face 
I miss your touch and 
Your tender embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment