Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Working fast and hard
Sweating while scrubbing
Bustling and shuffling
Wiping and sweeping
Keeping my eye on
The dreamer's prize
Home tonight with
Hot tub and wine
A quick change
Into the bubbles
And I feel great
Head to toe
For a moment I relax,
Let go of all circumstance ,

What's this in my pocket?
Not a q-tip, kleenex, or a locket
It's my phone,
Oh, no!
Waterlogged,
Glowing gray,
To my dismay.
Dismantled the back,
Took out the battery pack
Drained her out.
Jim, quick like Robin,
With the google
How do you save
A phone from a watery grave?
Put it in the oven,
Wrapped in rice,
That will make it nice. 
Put it in the freezer
Dip it in rubbing alcohol
Listen to Weezer
What?
Suck it out with a vacuum.
I don't think she's making it
Keep pushing end
But her screen's still blackened
Waiting is the hardest part

Like a mad woman, wake,
And go straight away
To faithful e-bay
I need a new phone,
This disconnection
Is leaving me in frustration
Worried about lost business
Or missing the latest gossip
Obsessing my restricted
Communications
Scamming and scheming,
Figuring a way
That I can get my hands
On a new one today.
Find the funds
Make a decision
Pay big now,
Or wait for upgrade
Reading reviews
Personal interviews
Haggle and persuade

My Shoelaces are Intact

I just lost my job
I really liked that job
Not sure how I'm gonna pay rent
I dread having to
Try to find another job
My dog is dead
I miss him bad
I haven't got a girlfriend
I haven't had a girlfriend
One that mattered, I mean.
But, my shoelaces are still intact. 

Those nights we spent
In the back seat of the Rambler
Laughing and passing it back and forth
Lorenzo street light glowed
Through the slightly cracked window
Vitalizing air seeped through the slit
In that moment you know
A special love for a friend
Those nights will last eternally
In our memories
When we floated above the clouds
On vintage leather seats 

No comments:

Post a Comment