Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cappuccino and Prozac


1 I can't sleep
    I'm so tired,
    I could weep,
    But with a cappuccino I'll be wired.

5 Someone knocked me over
    And I almost lost my pace,
    But I got up, even though
    Everyone called me a disgrace.

    Never discovered my talents,
10 Until I was to old to care,
    Now they are dull and not sharp,
    But as always I will fare.

    My heros, all musicians,
    With lots of nasty habits,
15 Are all dead, never to be seen again.
    Overdosed, deceased, heroin addicts.

    For a while, depressed,
    Always wearing black,
    Never wearing a smile,
20 Lately, I never go back.

    People see my scars
    And always think I'm different,
    "Fragile: Handle with care"
    Gosh, what an inference.

25 All this talk about
    Birds and fears,
    Has me very close
    To a new line of tears.

    My mental status is unstable.
30 Just because I hear voices,
    Doesn't make me unable
    To make my own choices.

   
    From Ritalin to Prozac.
    Always have to have something stronger.
35 From marijuana to heroin.
    Something that might last longer.

    Always hunger for knowledge
    Always to anxious to think.
    Will I ever make it to college?
40 Not me, I'll probably sink.

    Why do we hate
    Based on race?
    When do we learn?
    We all have a soul and a face.

45 Everyone's in such a hurry,
    Keeping a quick pace.
    Don't slow down,
    Someone else might win the race.
   
    Maybe someday
50 I'll shoot myself in the head,
    Like Kurt Cobain did,
    And everyone will see my bloodshed.

    Maybe I'll do to many drugs,
    O.D. laying on the floor.
55 With a needle in my arm,
    Step through the distant door.

    Maybe it's all to late,
    I'll slit my wrists,
    Watch blue turn to red,
60 While clenching the razor in my tight fist.


I think about it more often lately,
Almost never stop thinking about it.
I can see it in my mind,
See the blood,
Taste the wonderful salt touching the blade,
Smell the pain floating away,
Sense the beautiful relief
Say goodbye to the anxiety.
I finger my knife,
I keep it with me,
Just knowing its presence,
Makes me feel secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment