Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's like I can't handle reality,
Because in reality I'm not good enough for anyone,
I'm not afraid of anything but my own mind.
I try to let it all escape on to paper in my poetry,
But some stays there and just gets bottled up,
And when I release it, it is just aimless rage, which,
Lashes out upon unfairly found victims.
And it is not me, I am usually a laid back calm person.
Scar tissue on my heart builds up inside me.
It is impossible to remove.
I swallow my feelings, never letting them show.
There is a sore from it.
I can feel it gnawing at me.
I don't know why it stays.
Why it won't leave.
Why it won't wipe clean like a whiteboard.
Why they won't leave me alone.
Why I escape into XTC, weed, or drink.
Why I can't handle it.
Why no one understands.
Why no one cares.
Why I care what they think.
Why I care what anyone thinks.
Why they don't care about me.
Why all I ever talk about anymore is me.
Why I am not as smart as I used to be.
Why I feel like I need to impress them,
Or be what they want me to be,
Why I can't be myself.
Why I feel I need to be categorized into them,
Why just when I think I have it all figured out,
I am alerted I am wrong.
I know what this is.
I know what is wrong with me.
My problem is that I cannot find myself.
I don't know who I am.
All I am is an imposter, a fake,
Nothing but a vapor,
I don't exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment