Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We sit here
In almost complete
Silence.
It's not warm enough
To fish quite yet
With our
Beer guts and
Shoes with no socks
Awaiting lures
And bait
We'll take the food
Court instead
Pant legs rising to our shins
Showing arthritic ankles
Our jaws they tremble
White hairs on our chins
As we mumble
Dentures secure,
But every once in a while
We slur our words
A little drool
A little spittle
Just sitting here
Till fishing season.

This becomes my
Own private addiction
Taken to my personal place
I withdraw from sharing my space
No more social distractions
Just me and this habit forming
Taking me deeper into the lies
And deception
Slowly I become what I am not
Roll and tumble
Fall in folly
Losing myself
Like a pilgrim without a map
My compass is broken
Navigational retreat

Two red bulls
My own personal
Pot of coffee
An eighth
Some pain killers
A pack of newp's
A little nyquil
Some vodka
And celexa 20 mils
Elated sedation
A body in chaos

Pull the trigger
You know you want to
Just one little click
And it's all over
The screaming
The internal bleeding
Sleepless nights
And voices in conflict
The hopelessness
The emptiness

Send my corpse
To burn
Send this body
To rot
I don't care
I won't be here

No comments:

Post a Comment