Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Every night I pray
To a god I'm not
Sure is there
Pleading to keep
What I've been given
To not have stripped from me
The greatest gift
I've been blessed with
This woman
This woman so beautiful
So kind so strong
This woman I can't
Help falling for
This woman so sweet and lovely
This lady that captivates
My restless heart
This amazing lover
Who is everything I'd dreamt of
God, let me keep her.

Write for the inspiration
Write for the boredom
Write for the potential
Write for the opportunity
Just write.

Her giant eyes
Hiding behind darkened lenses
And I think to myself
'The sun stole her soul'
So for today
I can't read her
I'm not sure what
She's thinking
Those windows are closed
And I start to sweat
Like I'm locked in a sauna
She grins with a
Smile of anonymity
I fidget with
A nervous uncertainty
She likes to see me squirm
And she knows she's got me
So I break and fall apart
Shear satisfaction
She picks me back up
Puts me together
And kisses my lips
Like she had no other intention

When does this stop?
When do we get serious?
When do we straighten up?
When do we let go of the excuses?
Do what we we're meant to do
Be who we we're meant to be
Rise above these chains
That keep us bound and captive
When do we break free?
Is this path of self-destruction eternal?
Or just cyclic?
What will it take?
My family disappointed
Health deteriorating
Friendships fading
When does that reality check come?
They say it's in the mail
I have yet to see it
Am I weak?
Or am I stubborn?
When do the lies cease?
When does honesty break through
Like sun through the clouds
Scorching these bloodshot eyes
With a cleansing chemical burn of hope
Scraping away these self-inflicted scars

You bastard
You touched me
As I slept
You asshole
You corrupted
My future
My family
My dreams
You polluted my life
Like a worm rots an apple
With your distasteful
Groping, dirty hands
In the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment