Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yay! Day 3 Emily Walton



Dirty Knives
I stare out the kitchen window through strands of hair, mindlessly washing dishes.
The snowflakes fall on the naked trees.
I come to a sharp kitchen knife.
I now look down at it in my hand.
I touch it’s blade to my skin and imagine cutting under my vein and slicing up through.
I hear my kids’ voices.
My eyes are drawn back to the window.
I continue washing, watching the snow fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24hr Happiness

What a day
A happy day
A day I’ve seen once before
I’ve never had a happy dream
Though this day felt like nothing more
The only thing I can not get
Is why it came
And where it went

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dogs

I had a dog
His name was Blue
He sometimes tinkled on my shoe
Then one day
I woke to see
That Blue had gone
He had left me
My daddy said he went away
He said he might come back some day

My mommy bought another dog
His name was Paul
He hopped around like a bouncy ball
Then I came home for my dad to say
Son, I’m sorry, but Paul has gone
He left, but might be back by dawn
I sat and waited, but the only sound
Was the pounding of my feet
Upon the cold, hard ground
I found a puppy by my school
I took him home and named him Fred
He liked to run and jump all day
‘Till Daddy said he didn’t stay
I wondered why my dogs did leave
I wondered how they got away
My dad stayed home all through the day

I took my bat and found a ball
In my search for a glove, went down the hall
Down to the basement where the darkness floods
I turned on the lights and stepped in blood
To the wall I looked to see
My daddy had been tricking me
All three of my dogs I did find
Neatly stacked and in a bind
I walked to them
Their throats were slit
I pet Paul’s head
And then I split
Each morning
I would bring them food
I sang them songs
And went to school

No comments:

Post a Comment