Wednesday, February 15, 2012


Her notebook is paper.
Lined and college-ruled
And three hole punched
Inked lines in
Scribbled penmanship,
Her hand scribes her thoughts
In drags, scratches, and dots
As she squeezes the tip of a
Promotional ball-point pen
The kind that clicks it's tip out.
She meshes the
Inorganic against organic,
Ink filling a small percentage
Of an empty space to the end
And then the back of a page
And then on to the next,
With the weight of her words
My notebook is electronic,
Digital dabbling,
Open a program that will
Process my words for me,
Processed, my words are
PROCESSED.
Canned and bottled into nice
Block Arial lettering,
Neat and legible;
A perfectionist's wet dream.
Errors underlined in red squiggle
No lines, perfectly invisible lines
Ones that automatically capitalize
As I my fingers press the keys they know
As I communicate through a pushing of buttons
The screen glows bright snow white
With the weight of my words 

No comments:

Post a Comment