Thursday, September 16, 2010

Falling asleep alone
Dreaming of my lover
Holding her perfectly close
Feeling her chest rise and fall
With each peaceful breath
Loving her heart and soul
Imagining that I'm not imagining
Getting lost in her solace
Wishing to be here with her
Forever in my dreams


At home in her arms
Her velvet skin
And silken hair
The scent rising from her
Overflowing my senses
Her breath hot against my neck
Lips teasing at my ear
Our hands finding each other
Again and again in the night




I speak these words
But you fail to hear
They drop out of range
Before they've left my lips


I have no words to write,
Yes I've nothing to say
I've crippled myself
And I've reaped disdain
Halted dead in my tracks
Cliches and monotony
A single rhythmless note
Played out in the night
Yes I've nothing to say
Amidst the pain
Surrounded by emotion
Synchronous lack
Devastating disregard
A cabinet of trophies
Gathering dust
Yes I've nothing to say

Her love rushes down over me
With the force of a fierce wave
Crashing me to the earth in delight
Her love dances for me
Like the leaves dance for
The easy summer's breeze
Her love scares me
Looking for the bottom
Staring over the edge
Her love rips me from reality
Slipping into the unknown
Finding myself gazing blissfully into infinity 

No comments:

Post a Comment