Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The woman is a mystery to me.
She is a double entendre.
In that moment when
I feel as though
I've grasped her, 
I've been enlightened,
As quickly as she came, 
She's gone.  


My fingertips graze your soft skin,
Your eyes melt my flesh 
And steal my breath 
The heated scent rising from your pores 
Pours over me
And I'm lost in a racing current, 
Being pulled beneath the surface.
Desire and passion, 
Hunger in your touch,
My body stiffens
As your hands deliver me 
Into ecstasy.
I wake to discover reality.  


I drop sloppy salty 
Plops into my 
Luck Charms
'Cause she's
Going, going,
Gone.


Greedy gas giants
Eagerly extinguishing earth
Oil over our oceans
Spewing, spilling, she screams, "S.O.S!!"


She lays in my hammock, 
In the golden evening sun
And she smiles (at me!)
My heart leaps,
Good grief, her smile
Invokes me to irrational 
Heights of hopeless romantic abandon,
She's got a grip wrapped tight around my heart
She doesn't know, though,
I love looking in her eyes, 
Her lips, her breath, her hips...
Am I falling or is it 
Just another slip?

No comments:

Post a Comment