Thursday, September 9, 2010

I don't remember being loved,
But I know I must have been
I remember thinking
That I'd never forget,
It's all so distant
And all I feel is cold.

Sunday morning routine
The times, tea, music,
The birds singing outside
Minding my own business,
And there she is.
She's crept into my head,
And it's all over. 
Sensing nothing but the thought
My passion flooded imagination,
I lose myself as I fall long and hard
Into a fantasy of her.



It rose up out of me,
From the deepest of fathoms
This yearning,
This desperate pining.
It's not how it's supposed to be
Not what's meant for me
Like never flinching,
Deadened the instincts that
Should have driven this train
When choices became chains
And suppression was expression
What did I become?
And why did I lie
When they asked me
Who I was
When I came to be who I wasn't,
Was when I lost it.
Retracing these steps,
Jerry was right
What a long strange trip it's been.

Fly because you're free
Bloom because you're beautiful
Love because you're loved. 

vacant minds
idle intercourse
typing poems into
google search bar
like that's where it belongs 

No comments:

Post a Comment