Monday, September 20, 2010

She reminded me of the sunset
One could bask in her glowing beauty forever
She only came around now and again
Commanding your attention,
But her intense radiance burned your focus
She would leave you blind;
The scar of her gaze
A souvenir of your yearning
Fleeting day, turning quickly
Like a thief into night
And suddenly you find she's left you
And you realize you weren't falling in love;
Just falling.
Falling is  terrifying in the dark. 

I need to go home
But this is not it
The fire siren sounds for so long
And won't let me forget
I start over.  Again. 

Suddenly breathing becomes voluntary
And I have to remind myself
It's time to inhale
She tried to tell me
To hide those things that I feel
Those ugly things no one mentions
I can only be so strong
I can only bend so far before I snap
And here I am, weak,
Before no one but me,
I've forgotten again
To take the next breath

Extinguished passion
Once wild flames,
Charred remains.
Followed the smoke
Rather than tend the fire
I've found myself nowhere,
Knowing nothing,
Being no one.

My heart is his,
Not belonging,
But the same,
It's confusion
And disaster
Passion and
Enlightenment
I found myself
Reflected in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment