Friday, October 1, 2010

Featured Poet of the Month (October 2010): Katie Wipfler

Katie Wipfler is October's featured writer.  She is a writer from Horseheads, NY.  Katie attended Mansfield University before returning to the area.  Her writing includes poetry as well as short stories and children's books.  Look for Katie's work today and Monday!!



No Justice

Seizuring poetry provides no ounce of false justice
as the sky breaths life into an empty night.
A jealous moon clings to its only backbone of security
...being happy just to be.
Raw pierces through the dilation,
Mesmerized by daunting creation.
Impossible becomes powerless.
Definitions, meaningless.
The fury surges forward and ignores how she’s adored,
adorned with inconceivable expectations that flow
from the disillusioned million holding their breaths below.

Comfortable Cravings

Enlighten my curiosity with sexy, slow tenses.
Your sweat beads and drops to salty pools of passion,
As my cravings you fix with grinding intensity.
God’s liquid children cling tightly to my thigh.
I’m high again, reborn to an artificial mother.

My Favorite Detour

Hold your breath and throw down your arms.
Wince and throw back a shot of charm.
Create, don’t exaggerate.
Smiles glow subtle in the night,
growing stronger and burning bright.
Sparks dance on unbridled breezes.
The excitement increases.
Tingles shiver up crooked spines,
as we trip through crooked lines.
Twinkling balls of heat dance alone
And shadow out the stone I chucked below.
Caress what meets your curious eye.
Inhale everyone’s contented sigh.
This contentment is our life’s adventure.
That’s why mine is my favorite detour.
In indecipherable letters and phrases.
Unknowing what each expression is representing,
It’s as naked as I in the heart and other places.

I will never become what I strive to see in others.
I will never be seen naked by someone completely as I desperately pray,
But I can lay rest assured in my thoughts,
I can always see others this way.

Life Is Not Like What People See

No matter how much I wish time would sometimes stop,
Or that someone would see me smile in slow motion,
I know life is not like a movie,
And there is no music in the background to emphasize a moments emotion.

No matter how much I wish someone would slowly brush the hair from my eyes,
Or weep knowing I’m in pain,
I know this is not reality
And life in general is pretty plain.

The reality of life is that people don’t notice subtleties.
People don’t recognize true beauty.
People don’t appreciate the slow motion wonders in life that are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment